Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus,
As we journey toward Easter this Holy Week, many people are feeling isolated, anxious and facing an unknown future as the world deals with the Covid-19 pandemic.
At the same time we are aware of the completely amazing gift of hope in Christ. Our hope is not a wish or a dream. Our hope comes from trusting in the promises of God, in the person of Jesus, the Saviour whose life death and resurrection bring us new life.
· The Lord is good to all with compassion on all God has made. Psalm 145:9
· "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10
· The LORD goes before you and will be with you; God will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8
· So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36
· Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
· For the Lord is good and God’s love endures forever; God’s faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5
· “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
· The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. God cares for those who trust in God. Nahum 1:7
· Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
· Take delight in the Lord, and God will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
Strengthen by the power of the Holy Spirit, the LCOS family continues to worship the one true God, Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer.
The LCOS family continues to love neighbour with compassion and care.
The LCOS family cares about you. Please contact Pastor Julianne 403-464-8254 with any comments or concerns. The LCOS family is ready for the FRESH START Jesus brings. We are encouraged by these words...
“Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the centre of your life.” Philippians 4:6-7 MSG
Let us move into the next moment, the next day, the next months with this attitude of prayer;
O God, you have called your servants to ventures of which we cannot see the ending, by paths
as yet untrodden, through perils unknown. Give us faith to go out with good courage, not
knowing where we go, but only that your hand is leading us and your love supporting us;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (Eric Milner White, Daily Prayer 1956)
Keep well and keep safe,
In Christ alone,